Saturday 5 April 2008

Sports Nutrition & Body Composition Workshop


Well, I've decided just to see where this old body is at. I'm attending a four hour workshop today at Ottawa's Heart Institute with Beth Mansfield from Peak Performance.

I think I've caught the running bug and I'm now starting to take it a little more seriously than when I started really running six years ago.

You know, well I'm only going to run a 5K EVER! Then a couple of 10K's creep into your running resume, then a whole bunch more!

Then I hear myself saying, well, let's just try a half marathon, BUT THAT'S IT....

Okay three half marathon's later, since May 2007 and I'm training for my very first full Marathon as you all know.

Well, guess what? I think, (only think at this stage) of trying a tri in August/September!

Yikes, check my forehead for a fever.....(maybe it is the cold that I'm still suffering from, not sure).

I'll let you know how the workshop goes....

Catch you later, aligator.......

Lily

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so curious to hear how that goes. I'll want to hear all the gory details.

teacherwoman said...

The workshop sounds like a great thing! Can't wait to hear how it went!

KC Stine said...

Good golly Miss Lily, you progressed the way I did. Never thought I'd ever do a marathon, now I'm thinking about ultras! Doing the Tri is a fantastic goal, I say go for it. If you never risk going too far, you'll never know how far you can go.

Anonymous said...

hey there... I was at the Institute today! We should have hooked up for lunch or dinner after you were done. The daughter would have enjoyed the visit!
harumph!
how was it?
Ter

Marcy said...

You should do it!! Why not? You only live once, right? Let me complete a marathon first and then we'll see about tris LOL

Jane Hards Photography said...

The gremlins are after us.I had problems yesterday,well i just had problems.Gongrats on the bling, very impressive.

A marathon, whoa, steady on girl.I still think a marathon's what the uk. used to call a snickers bar.

jahowie said...

It seems that you are never satisfied!! ;-) That's a good thing.

Wes said...

Ha ha ha! We'll have you doing Ironman in no time :-) Don't thank us!!

Nitmos said...

5k's are a gateway drug. A marathon was inevitable...just as a tri is also. Life's short. Give it a tri (see how I did that?)

Careful though, running is also highly contagious to those around you.

Rudy said...

Careful though, running is also highly contagious to those around you.

yeah.....

no

I believe that running is like a birth defect LOL (just kidding)

Seriously, you either are born to run or you run when danger dictates. I am in the latter group. No latent running genes here so I won't be catching any running bugs.

Happy Monday everyone.

Vickie said...

Lily, we are the same age. I found your blog somewhere! Good for you, getting the tri bug!

Unknown said...

I think it's neat how we all get excited about things we maybe never thought we'd do.

If you want to do something (whatever distance, whatever event), then go for it!