Saturday 9 August 2008

All sorts of news!



Thursday's run just didn't happen...yup, that's what you think it is....

hail, almost snow and the most fantastic thunderstorm I've ever seen and heard...

Saturday's swim didn't happen, the life guard didn't show up at 7:15 am., YUP, I was there at 7 am, no swim...


So far, this try-a-tri is being a little jinxed...



HOWEVER,










Welcome Second Hand Rose to my life!

Yup, she's all mine and she is in getting her manicure, pedicure and bouffant! *picture may appear a little different than the actual bike*

Oh, and I got a bike carrier for the car!



Yikes!

can you spell,

Ka

Ch

ingggggggg!!



The fellow that tuned up my Iron Horse gave me the lead on her and while we were having yet again another torrential rain and thunderstorm, I was ogling 'Rose' on the back of an SUV, while negotiating her price and availability.


Nothing better to get the price down than standing in the pouring rain querying tires, gears and oh, do I need to get new pedals???....lets just say it is not for the feint of heart.....


So, look out Fat Albert, I'm coming to "ketcha"


Hugs and Kisses, Lily!!

It is just the beginning Blue!

Life's fun if you don't weaken

Lily

*p.s., the Iron Horse is still active and going strong, and will not be sold nor retired any time soon, he has a long and useful life ahead of him still*

16 comments:

teacherwoman said...

She's a perty one! :) I am happy for ya!

Wes said...

Yay! It's a new bike kinda weekend!! Woot!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for your new bike!!

Boo to the weather.!!

bluecolnago said...

sweet ride, lily! you did good!

i hope you get miles and miles of enjoyment out of rose.

Jess said...

Wow, that's quite the hail! Any damage?

Rudy said...

geez, after having the first two snafus I would have been leary about getting the bike LOL

I am glad you got a good deal and hope it serves you well.

Anonymous said...

so did you get the fancy padded bike shorts to match the new bike! Rose... LOVE it!

How did I miss all this hail? I never saw that in my part of the world!

Love the new Meez! LOL

I think Born to be Wild should be your theme song!
HUGS
Ter

Sprocketboy said...

That's a nice looking bicycle! It should make up for some of the wretched Ottawa weather we are having. I got completely soaked on my commute home on Thursday, and then again on Friday! Today I was on the racing bike so I managed to slip between the raindrops on the way home from Gatineau Park. A new bike will definitely make you faster!

chia said...

Congrats girlfriend! Nice wheels!!

Mendy said...

Wow! Everyone's getting bikes.... Congrats! I luv her. She's cute and sassy.

Look at that hail. Oh my.

Groover said...

Ohmygodanewbike! How great! What's the groupset, what's the saddle, what are the pedals, what are the wheels? C'mon, you can't leave us in the dark. Wanna know everything about your new ride.

But what's with the weather. I'll shut up immediately and never ever complain about our winter again 'cause your summer is worse!

Marci said...

Welcome second hand rose! :) Nice bike.

Aka Alice said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Hail..looks like SNOW???...in August???

I might have to reconsider my thoughts about relocating to Canada...Wow.

I know nuthin' 'bout bikes, but it looks really pretty :-)

Unknown said...

Swwweeeeet looking bike! Wow - Congrats on having a new bike... Brings me back memories of those hailstorm back in Colorado. However, the nicest thing about after the hailstorm is when the temperature really dip.

Marlene said...

Oooooh, congrats on the new ride! She's pretty!

Better luck with the next swim!

Vickie said...

Great bike! I am excited for you! Everything is coming together. Now all you have to do is put everything together. You'll do it!