Saturday 4 April 2009

Ruby is going for maintenance

Since I'm sidelined (okay, enough about that), I'm taking the Norco in for a spring tune-up. The bottom bracket and seat need adjusting and for some reason I can't seem to get the saddle post to move. A friend of mine applied heat, a wrench and some strong muscle but nary a budge.

I called the place where the bike will be tuned up and they said to get it in right away because they are already booked up until April 17th. Once I get the bike back I'll either be ready to hit the roads or I'll be on the trainer for awhile.

One thing is for sure, I'll have to get back to the gym to work on keeping my fitness level up and as some one told me this morning. Watch what your are eating "you don't want to get any heavier". Yea, thanks for that....

As my friend Ter mentioned on my last post, that I sound a little "crankeeeee", yup I do don't I? Sorry about that, I don't mean to be, but the frustration level is a little high right now.

Tomorrow will be my first Sunday in a long time that I don't have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to go for a run. The troops will be running another 29K tomorrow on one of my most favourite trails....maybe I'll get out the mountain bike and meet them. Oh, right I can't....well, I'll stop by to see how they are doing after their run....ya, that would work.

Okay, well I'm off to load up Ruby and send her off to her doctor....

Have a GREAT weekend everyone and good luck to those who are racing.

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

12 comments:

Bandobras said...

Looks like you have an aluminum seat post on a steel frame. They practically weld themselves together over time. It took my friend and I, both big strong guys about an hour of work with hammers and wrenches to get one free last summer. Good luck with yours and if you do get it loose be sure to coat it with grease before you put it back together.

Wes said...

Once the Spring snow starts to thaw, the bike shops fill up!! LOL... You, my friend, take it easy!! We want you back to 100% as soon as humanly possible!

TNTcoach Ken said...

How can you get buttcrack and cranky in the same post. Sounds like people say the darnedest things to you!

bluecolnago said...

i can't believe that anyone would think you are crankeeeeeee! :)

anyway, if you are, you're entitled to be.

behave yourself! :)

Unknown said...

have a great one!

Runner Leana said...

Laurel, I think you could be forgiven for being a little cranky. Sorry to hear that you won't get a long run this weekend. I hope Ruby comes back shiny and better than new after her trip to the doctor!

Marci said...

My bike is a Norco too, hope you are healing ok, and will be back running soon!

Amy said...

I will never think of the crack of dawn in the same way ever again! Hee hee!

Hang in there!

Kim said...

Hope you and Ruby get better and on the road soon.

chia said...

Lucy and I will be praying for Ruby ;-)

Vickie said...

Hang in there. Hopefully you'll be up and running soon! I forgot to mention, I think I have the same trainer! Very comfortable and fairly realistic.

Judi said...

swim swim swim! yoga, weights! there is more to life than biking and running.