Thursday 29 October 2009

One Lucky Girl

Well what can I say other than life has been VERY busy and I'm one lucky girl too.

Way back in the early fall the ever lovely Marlene who is the creator of Mission to a(nother) Marathon had a random draw for not one, but two Halo Headbands which were being given away.


Well don't I get an email saying I had won a headband, how incredible is that?

Not only did I win a Halo headband, I got to pick which colour I wanted...well, being the matchy matchy dresser I am, (yes I am), I chose red to match my bike Ruby....now I spin in style. Marlene is such a cutie she also threw in a TriBerry GU too. Thanks Marlene and thanks to those at Halo.

I'm also back running, mind you oh.so.slowly and I'm actually enjoying it again. Several weeks ago, after a really nice 10K run, Jen and I went for a cycle along some of the NCC trails, the weather was quite cool, very windy and it started to rain so we only ended up cycling for about 18 - 20K.

After we put the bikes away we decided to go to a cute little restaurant called Lapointe's which is close to Jen's home. It has fantastic seafood and of course adult BEvERages. When we placed our order for lunch, the server said if we ordered either a Moosehead Beer or an AppleCider drink our name would go into the draw for the beer fridge that was displayed at the front of the store...well, okay, don't need to twist my arm so I ordered a Moosehead, put my name on the ballot and didn't think twice about it.

Well, guess what?

I'm now the proud owner of a beer fridge...
Cute huh?

oh, I just want to take a moment to thank those of you who checked in on me during my Hiatus. Thanks!! Thanks too for those who sent me emails and notes on FB. I'm feeling much better now that I'm over my bout of whatever it was. I can't say it was a mild case of H1N1, because I didn't go to the doctor (yea, I'm stubborn like that) but from reading the symptoms and from what I had it was about as close as it gets to it...

So, there you go, I'm back and looking forward to running the 8K Beat Beethoven on Saturday!

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Any lottery tickets in hand to try to continue your winning ways??

Lily on the Road said...

Oh I've been buying those too Wendy!!

B.o.B. said...

Glad you are feeling better. And congrats on all your winning! That is awesome. Love the cooler.

Marlene said...

Love that picture - glad you like the headband. Looks great with Ruby. :)

Glad your feeling better. Whatever it was, does not sound like fun.

Congrats on the beer fridge, too. Fun!

Carolina John said...

glad you're feeling better! it's nice to get free stuff, huh?

TNTcoach Ken said...

I am so jealous, a BEvERage cooler???? Not that my BEvERages are warm but it looks so cool. I guess I'll just have to live with being good-looking and not lucky! Glad you're back to what we love to do.

ShirleyPerly said...

You ARE lucky! And very glad to hear you are over whatever it was. I'm stubborn about going to see docs. too.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck on the 8k this weekend! Looks like you've been a lucky girl lately.. glad you're feeling better too :)

Anne said...

Remind me to have you pick my lottery numbers next time. I love my Halo visor, and I bet you love your spiffy red headband just as much. Though the mini-fridge is pretty cool too.

Judi said...

you must have really good karma....

Trainerpack said...

Good work and good luck!!!!
Truly inspirational...putting on my shoes tomorrow am to run 3k.

Jo Lynn said...

Ooooooh, that would be sweet if I would have won a green one to match Ellen. Oh man! ;)

Aka Alice said...

Yay! Glad you're feeling better. I can't think of anyone more deserving of a matchy-match red halo headband and a beer cooler than you.

(I love Halo stuff. I have one of their hats and swear by it!)

Wes said...

Me too! Send me some lottery numbers :-)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

You're really having some good luck there. Nice stuff to win :-)

Bob A said...

Glad you're back on the road again. Hey, you can put the headband on when you stick your head in the fridge to take out your drink and stay warm! (Sorry, couldn't help that.)