Thursday 11 February 2010

So, I bought skates...

Have you ever had people calling you and thanking you for buying winter activity sport's items?

Yes this winter I conceded and I bought cross country ski's, snowshoes and now skates.  I figured I'd beat winter this year.  I actually had some one call me and thank me for buying snow tires for my car this year.

WE'VE HAD NO SNOW 


That's right!!!  Not since the first week of January.  I believe we've done a switch with Washington D.C.  Normally they would have their crab-apple trees blooming within a month...we are walking on bare streets!  I'm thinking of hauling Ruby out for a spin!!


Now, all of those who really know me can NOT believe that they'd EVER hear me say, "we need snow"...EVER.


We are now into the middle of February and I've been so busy with real life things that I haven't really been blogging, facebooking or catching up with all of you, although I have to admit that I've been snooping through some of your blogs.


Life has been busy, I'll catch up with you all.  But for now, 

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

19 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Lilly,
You can have some of our snow....I am serious:) Looks like you have a nice pair of skates and a cute kitty:)

Carly said...

You can certainly have ours. Man I am ready to be done!!!

Hmmmm maybe you are on to something. Maybe if I actually embrace the winter and buy gear, we won't get any snow. I am so trying that next year. ha!

Marlene said...

I am flabbergasted at the lack of white stuff. This is Canada, right?!?

Anne said...

I know!! It's so strange, but I can't say I'm complaining, I'm really liking these cleared roads to run on. You know how it is here in Canada, you'll probably end up using your skates on an outdoor rink in April :)

BTW Laurel, I started my RR clinic tonight and as you predicted, I loved it!! There are about 25 of us...is that a big group? Anyways, I'm really excited :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

It's funny, I was noticing the same thing the other day on my run outside the other day... I bought skates a few years ago, now you've made me want to use them again! Thanks!!

Shannon said...

I have an 8 foot high mound of snow in my front yard. I can't even get to the door of my fence in my back yard. You are welcome to my 40+ inches of snow. I hear we are getting more on Monday. I was thinking today that skiing down the street would be a lot more fun than shoveling.

Amy said...

Ha ha - no snow - I can't believe it!!! This has been the craziest winter ever...

TNTcoach Ken said...

Be careful what you ask for!

Alexandra said...

Nice skates! I bought myself new skates this winter too! Looking forward to seeing photos of where you go skating!

Unknown said...

Skates plus a nice box for someone special!

Will you head out on the canal this weekend?

Wes said...

Yea, I hear people will be wearing bathing suits at the Winter Olympics!

Unknown said...

So how exactly did you do it (manage to divert your snow down a bit farther south)? Was it the purchase of the skis? sort of like carrying an umbrella so it won't rain?

Runner Leana said...

We are definitely lacking snow out this way too. Conditions weren't that great out at COP last night, but oh well. We've had some chilly weather, just no snow for awhile. I feel for the guys in Vancouver as they have it really bad!

Oh well, good for you for buying skates and embracing winter. Even if you don't get to use them a ton this year you will still have plenty of opportunities, no doubt about it!

Just out of curiousity, did you go for waxless skis?

Judi said...

new gear! i love it. you can have our snow. i'm over it.

Anne said...

Haven't ice skating since I was a kid, but I bet it's excellent for keeping those legs toned. Do let us know now that the skis are of little use.

Jess said...

I heard they had to import some of the white stuff for the Olympics! Crazy. Enjoy your new skates!

Anonymous said...

I have skates....the only ice we have is river ice, it's horrible. I'd like to gear up in the cross country ski department. Yours sure do look a lot more modern than my old ones.

Giorgio said...

Enjoy your skates and ... snow. Thanks for snooping through some of our blogs. :)
Have a nice weekend.

Kim said...

You can send all that to me. We can't seem to get out of the snow! Get Ruby out and have fun!