It will be a busy weekend what with getting my half marathon training runs in, as well as some social summer beach parties. Have I mentioned I love summer?!!!
Sunday will be spent "Sharing the Road". The Share The Road Cycling Coalition. 2010 will mark the 5th year for Greg’s Ride in Milton, Ontario, but this is the first year it is being held in Ottawa. I'm just cycling 60K with some friends and hopefully there will be a huge turn out for this awareness ride.
Share the Road for Greg Ride includes:
- Routes - well marked, with ride marshals.
- Water Stations along routes
- A custom designed Share the Road Cycling jersey (Adults)
- Organic cotton T-Shirts (Children)
- SAR - Global 1 (First Aid Assistance)
- Kunstadt (Roadside assistance for bikes on the 60K and 100K routes)
- Post Ride BBQ
- "Goodies" in each rider's bag
- A chance to buy tickets to win a $500.00 gift certificate from Bushtukah.
It is looking like it should be a great day and weekend!! Enjoy what ever you are doing and stay safe.
Life's fun if you don't weaken,