Monday 8 November 2010

Back in the groove

Well, what a weekend.  I'm back...

Saturday was busy enough, but I still managed to get a nice 10K walk done.  Felt really good with no extra aches nor pains.  Bring it on Sunday!

I'm registered...yes, even though it is only for a 10K clinic, it's all good!  I ran a nice 10K with some of my friends from the Running Room along the Trans Canada Trail from Kanata to the eastern edge of Stittsville and it Felt GREAT!  Tonight is clinic night...I'm actually looking forward to it, even in the dark and cold.

After the run on Sunday the group I ran with all scampered home to tidy up and regroup...yes it was going to be "the girls" afternoon at the Wine and Food Show at Landsdowne Park in Ottawa.

Cheers!
Talk about an absolute hoot and if you love people watching you'd be in heaven.  I know I was!  Obviously stiletto high heels and patterned stockings are all the rage as well as short, short skirts.  (I have belts that are wider than some of the skirts I saw on the young newbies with legs up to their ears!).  We all had a great time wandering around sampling wine and food.  I even had a very cute man wander over to me with an oyster on a half shell.  Too funny!  I slurped it down and gave him a hug and asked him if I looked like I needed help!!   Once the show was over for the day and for the year, we went off to the Taj Mahal Restaurant for dinner and more laughter.

Overall, I'd rate this weekend as a 10.

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

10 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, you're back in the groove and there's a photo of you with a drink...... I'm in the groove too......

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great weekend, indeed! nice!

Wes said...

I lurves short skirts :-D You had a great weekend, running and all!!

Jenn said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm all about Wine and Food!!!

Marlene said...

Cheers!!! :) We went to the Toronto F&W Expo last year and loved it! It's this month, actually... we should look into that.

Have fun at the clinic and keep smiling!!

Unknown said...

great weekend!!

Grey Beard said...

"I have belts that are wider than some of the skirts I saw on the young newbies with legs up to their ears!"

What? Your camera was broken? :-O ... lol

Nice to see that big, happy smile again Lilly!

Ewa said...

Happy to see you happy.
So did you wear stilettos also? :)
Wine and food. Life is good, isn't it?

Anne said...

I'd rate that weekend a 10 too, though microminis are so out - aren't they?

Nitmos said...

I love people watching. In fact, I love people critiquing even more. Good times...good times.