Wednesday 17 August 2011

Normally...

...this would be Wordless Wednesday, but currently nothing in my life is normal nor wordless.

17 days and counting!  The Canadian Half Iron 113K.  I've linked this to the interactive map of the event(s).

I must admit I'm a tad nervous, which is extremely odd for me.  I haven't been nervous about an event since I gave up competitive equestrian show jumping and at that time I was rightfully nervous as my living, lifestyle and my income depended upon my results.  Now, I do not and will not compete against anyone other than myself, so I find all this training for the up-coming event fascinating that I feel the old instincts raising their head.

Currently, I am not following a specific "training plan" other than what I find "doable" for me at this stage of my life.  At 58 years old I'm not going to go out and bust my butt with some hardcore plan, however, should I find that I really like doing this distance I will find a trainer to work with and get a little more serious in the future.  Right now, I'm trying to stay in one piece and injury free, so far ~ so good.

Don't get me wrong, I am serious about this event, it is not a distance to toy with nor show any disrespect. I quit drinking alcohol in January, I've shed close to twenty pounds and started training with diligence in February ~ swimming, March ~ cycling and April ~ running.

 I know I will do it, it might not be pretty, but it will be done!!


Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

11 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

QUIT drinking alcohol!!!!! It's not nerves, it's the shakes......... LOL

teacherwoman said...

What do you mean it might not be pretty?! You are going to look like a rockstar! I love how your overall goal is to accomplish - enjoy it girl!

Marlene said...

I am in awe of the strides you have made this year with your training and can't WAIT to see you tackle the 113!!! And then you can tell me allll about it in person in September. :)

Unknown said...

You are amazing. You can, and will, do it!

Wes said...

of course you'll do it! you know what needs to be done. do it!

blondie16 said...

You are freakin' amazing, girlfriend.

Happy Wordy Wednesday!

love and hugs,
~ b

Anne said...

You are such an inspiration to me...I can't wait to follow along and see you succeed! :)

Carolina John said...

I love the half! Best distance ever. I've got one coming up Sept 10 as well. It's an accomplishment, you have to be prepared or it will beat you up pretty good. But it's not all life-encompasing like Ironman training is.

Anne said...

The return of nerves is completely normal, and it sounds like that's the only thing in your life right now that is.

Bert said...

You are very dedicated and the good results will come! Go for it!

Aka Alice said...

You are going to rock IT! and you are an inspiration to me too!