Friday 6 January 2012

almost the weekend

it's Friday!

So that means back to the pool for lane swim and I can hardly wait!  I love swimming and especially love how all my winter aches and pains just seem to slip away in the pool.  Hopefully I'll be ready to tackle the 2012 Bring on the Bay in July.  Registration opens February 1st!!


setting up the buoys for the 3k race

Rumour has it that this year will be the first year without the Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour.  How can that be?

there are hundreds of cyclists

finding your bag isn't always easy

yes, there are hills!

but good friends can conquer anything together
So, between swimming today, preparing food for the Full Moon Snow-shoe and perhaps getting some cross country skiing in, it will be a busy, fun weekend.  Hope yours is too!

Life's fun if you don't weaken,

Lily

6 comments:

Marlene said...

I agree, the pool feels sooo good! Nothing hurts. I can't wait to get in the water if I can kick this darn cold. Enjoy!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Damn, I had better start swimming because I have those aches and pains too!!!!

Born To Endure said...

I love to swim too..I even dream about it..how crazy is that??

Kim said...

I love that medal! I did a 2 mile organized swim and all I got was a lousy head cap! Hope all is well!

Black Knight said...

I love swimming! It is an important part of my cross training.
I hope that those are "fake" rumours.
Have a good week end.

Ewa said...

As long as I do breaststroke, I am fine and love swimming. Freestyle... well... I could use some lessons here...
I want to hear about your Full Moon fun.